Hey there. How’s the rhubarb compote coming along? Are you ready for dessert yet?
Me too. Let’s make that happen.
Speculoo rhubarb verrines
Source: The Casual Baker
Yields: 1 serving (multiply at will)
- ½ cup rhubarb compote
- 3–4 Speculoos or other crunchy spice cookie, crushed
- 125 g fromage blanc (or Greek yogurt)
- First, locate a clear vessel. It could be an ordinary drinking glass (like I've used here), a champagne flute, a wine glass, a custard bowl—anything that is tall enough to show off your layers and small enough to hold a reasonable portion.
- Spoon half of the rhubarb compote into the bottom, followed by half of the fromage blanc. Make sure each layer goes right to the edges. Now sprinkle half of the Speculoo crumbs on top of the fromage blanc.
- Repeat all three layers in the same order. Et voilà, a Speculoo rhubarb verrine.